- Director of Cemeteries: Diocese of Buffalo, New York
- Director of Sales and Marketing: Catholic Cemeteries, Archdiocese of Chicago
- Director of Cemeteries: Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Wash., Inc. Silver Spring, MD
Director of Cemeteries
Diocese of Buffalo, New York
Directs the overall operation of Diocese of Buffalo Catholic cemeteries to assure they are fiscally self-sustaining
and operated in accordance with civil and church law, guidelines and appropriate standards in order
to perform dignified Christian burial. The Director shall be the Chief Executive, Fiscal and Operating Officer
of the Cemeteries with responsibility for the management and direction of all operations, programs, activities
and affairs of the Cemeteries. As Director, guidance and support is provided to the administration of parish
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required. Major in Business
Administration preferred. Master’s Degree in Business Administration a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 10-15 years experience in a senior management position. Prior experience
in cemetery preferred. Prior experience in union relations preferred. Requires knowledge and training
in a full range of accounting/financial matters, general business management and an understanding of
- Participating member in good standing of a Roman Catholic Faith Community.
- Experience in business administration, organizational planning, policy development and implementation,
staff development and employee relations, salary administration, financial planning and security
investment, auditing, accounting and budgeting, public relations, property development and
management, building construction and maintenance, local, state and federal regulations.
Please Send Application, Resume and References to:
4000 Elmwood Ave.
Kenmore, NY 14217
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 8, 2019
Director of Sales and Marketing
Catholic Cemeteries, Archdiocese of Chicago
The Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Chicago has an opportunity for an individual with proven sales and marketing skills to head its Sales and Marketing Division at the corporate office in Hillside, Illinois.
The preferred candidate will bring at least five years of sales and marketing experience including print, video, digital and social media. Prior cemetery experience is strongly preferred, together with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business Administration.
The successful candidate must be a practicing Catholic with knowledge and understanding of Roman Catholic teaching, practices and traditions.
The Catholic Cemeteries of Chicago offers competitive salary and benefits. Qualified individuals should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements, professional and personal references, and a time frame for availability to:
James Griffith, Human Resource Manager
1400 S. Wolf Rd, Hillside, IL 60162
Director of Cemeteries: Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Wash., Inc.
Silver Spring, MD
This position reports directly to the President/CEO. Candidate will assist the President/CEO of The Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Washington, located at its corporate offices in the Aspen Hill area of Silver Spring. This full-time, exempt, non-profit management position offers a competitive salary, company vehicle and generous benefit package. Work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Basic duties include assisting the President/CEO in managing the operations of The Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Washington, Inc. (CCAW) and work collaboratively with the CCAW Executive Management team to include the President/CEO, Director of Operations and Corporate Controller. Specific responsibilities also include:
- Develop, recommend and implement new cemetery goods and services.
- Assist the President/CEO with the recruiting, hiring, training, and assignments of qualified personnel to meet organizational staffing requirements.
- As directed by the President/CEO, represent CCAW in its dealings and relationships with other entities; i.e., other agencies, parishes, clergy general public, local, state and federal governments, local and national cemetery associations, non-Catholic cemeteries, funeral directors, etc.
- Provide functional guidance and support to managers concerning capital projects.
- Provide functional guidance and assistance to managers in the performance of their assigned duties.
- Develop in-house training program for administrative personnel.
- Develop employment recruitment, onboarding, and retention procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
A successful candidate for this position maintains a strong attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, high levels of organization, and a commitment to assisting others. The candidate must have strong supervisory, interpersonal, and communication skills – both written and oral, in addition to possessing:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five years of experience in cemetery management.
- A minimum of three years of experience in cemetery administration.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Project professional poise and judgement.
- Knowledge of and support for the tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to the President/CEO firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Place your classified ad here.
Open to regular members, Classified Ads can be placed on the CCC website, email and/or magazine.
For information and rates, contact Christine Kohut, managing editor email@example.com